Bachelor of Vocational Studies (B.Voc.) programme has been developed by the govt. of India to make new generation self skilled and dependable, so that they can learn and acquire skills in concern and interested field and have a better life in future. B.Voc. currently offers two courses Hospitality & Tourism and Retail Management.
Government of India started a project of Skill India to improve the skills of Indians to raise the standards of the Indian industries as well as the people. For this University Grants Commission (UGC) had launched a scheme in February, 2014. They introduced this skill development based program of higher education in college, leading to Bachelors in Vocational Education (B. Voc.) degree (3 year program or 6 semesters). In collaboration with National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) aligned skill development, students can exit after six months with a certificate (NSQF 4) or may continue for one year diploma (NSQF 5) or two years advanced diploma (NSQF 6) or three years B. Voc. Degree (NSQF 7). This programme is focused to deliver the National Occupational Standards (NOSs) along with broad based general education. This would enable the graduates completing B.Voc. to contribute significantly to India’s accelerating economy by gaining employment.
B.Voc. Programme is focused on providing undergraduate studies which would also incorporate specific job roles along with broad based general education. This would enable the graduates completing B.Voc. in gaining appropriate employment – becoming entrepreneurs and creating appropriate knowledge.
Aim and Objectives of the Internship and Placement Cell
For the concerns briefed above, the following are the main objectives which we, aims to achieve:
- Orient students about the significance of internship in their curriculum and overall learning.
- Provide better carrier opportunities to students after completing course
- Encouraging students to learn professional skills along with education.
- To empower rural youth for public-private recruitment.
- To prepare globally competent students.
- Maintaining the data of all students’ internships and placements.
- Develop competitive spirit among the students.
- To facilitate students to avail OJT and internships.
- Facilitate students to get placements.