FOR UG DEGREE COURSES
- The student should have passed the Senior Secondary (+2) Examination (In any academic stream ) Conducted by the H.P. Board of School Education or an examination accepted as equivalent thereto by the various bodies of the H.P. University.
- A student who has passed the qualifying examination with science stream shall give preference in admission to B.Sc./BCA Programme.
- A student who has passed the qualifying examination in Arts Stream shall give preference in the B.A. Programme.
- A student who has passed the qualifying examination with commerce stream shall give preference in B.Com/BBA Programme.
- A student who has passed Shastri, Prak Shastri from Sanskrit college affiliated to the H.P.U. or Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University) under MHRD Govt. of India shall be eligible for admission to arts stream only if the candidate has passed Prak Shastri of Shastri with English as one of the Subjects.
Vocational subjects under NVEQF will be given weightage equivalent to any other general education subject.
- Merit will be work out by taking into consideration the best of five subjects including English as one of the subjects.
- Total Seats: DSC-I: 120 Seats (on bases of merit) Prospectus The roster for reservation of seats for various categories shall be as per rules of H.P.U given as under.
ROASTER SYSTEM OF UNIVERSITY
|Sr. No.||Category||Reservation admissible and seats||Position in the merit list.|
|1.||Scheduled Caste||15% i.e. 18 seats||At no. 7, 12, 18, 26, 33, 39, 46, 52, 59, 65, 72, 78, 85, 91, 97, 106, 113 and 119 in the merit list.|
|2.||Scheduled Tribe||7.5% i.e. 9 Seats||At no. 13, 27, 41, 53, 67, 80, 93, 107 and 120 in the merit list.|
|3.||Achievers in Sports||5% i.e. 6 Seats||At no. 19, 40, 60, 79, 99, and 117 the merit list.|
|4.||Achievers in cultural activities||5% i.e. 6 Seats||At no. 20, 38, 61, 81, 98, and 118 in the merit list.|
|5.||Handicapped||3% i.e. 3 Seats||At no. 34, 66 and at 100 in the merit list|
|6.||Single Girl Child||2 Seats (on merit basis) in addition to 120 seat Position in the Merit List||The applicant will have to submit a certificate from the competent authority as proof of her status as a single girl child.|
RULES OF ADMISSION FOR ACHIEVERS IN SPORTS & CULTURAL ACTIVITIES:-
Admission against quota meant for outstanding sportsmen/sportswomen and outstanding students in cultural activities shall be made only once in the beginning of the session. These students must also qualify the minimum eligibility conditions for admission in that course as provided under the rules.
Original Certificates to verify at the time of admission.
Only those students who have secured 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in District/State/National level Cultural events will be considered for the quota meant for outstanding students in Cultural activities.
Only those students will be considered for sports quota who have participated in the District State/National Level tournaments.
It will be mandatory for the students admitted against sports and cultural quota to participate in Sports/Cultural events.
UPPER AGE LIMIT FOR ADMISSION
- 25 years for girls and 23 years for boys as on July 1st 2020, for admission in 1st year of UG Degree Programs. Girls born after 1st July 1995 and boys born after Isth July 1997 are eligible for admission to B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./B.Voc. 1st year.
- The Vice-Chancellor, HPU may in exceptional cases/circumstances, be recorded in writing, give relaxation in age up to a maximum of six months to any candidate. All such cases of Age relaxation of up to six months granted admission provisionally by the Principal and a consolidated list of all such cases sent for approval of the Vice-Chancellor by 31st October of every academic year.
- Relaxation in upper age limit is also admissible to physically challenged candidates.
- For M.A. 28 year for girls, 26 years boys and 29 years for SC/ST. Candidates as on July 01, 2020, for admission in 1st semester of PG Degree Programme.
Minimum percentage of marks required for admission for B.A. 1st (Pass Course) 33% marks at +2 level are required, however, students opting mathematics must have 45% in aggregate or for 45% marks in mathematics at +2 level. B.Sc. 1st (Pass course) 45% marks at +12 level in five written subjects including English. For medical group Biology at +2 level is compulsory. For B.Com. 1st 45% in five written subjects (including English) with Mathematics/Economics as compulsory subjects, 40% in level for those students who have passed +2 under commerce group. In the case of girls, students 33% in +2 are required.